Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It

It's time for another Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics.This week I completed several small projects.
First, I spray painted some cookie sheets and cake pans from the Dollar Tree. Okay, I only spray painted 3. I thought I could skip the primer. BAD IDEA. I kept having to spray and spray to get rid of the grey underneath. 

After I spray painted the cake pan, I used Mod Podge to attach the rainbow scrapbook paper. When working with Mod Podge, less is more. I always put the Mod Podge on the paper instead of the object to reduce bubbles.

I also Mod Podged some extra scrapbook paper onto a clothespin. Then i used hot glue to attach the clothespin to the cake pan. I added salt (also from to Dollar Tree). I love how you can see the rainbow paper underneath. I clipped a letter card from my Multi-Sensory Alphabet Cards.  This will be a fun way to practice letter formation. You can find more ideas for Multi-Sensory Letters HERE.

This first picture comes from my BRAND NEW Beginning Sounds Mega Pack.  I will share more about it later this week.



I have a set of 6 magnetic dry erase boards that I keep at my guided reading table. I also have a class set of dry erase boards that I use at centers but they are not magnetic. So, spray painted cookie sheets to use at centers.
SPOILER ALERT: Do you like the Super Hero Sight Word cards??? They are going to be a freebie very soon....like tomorrow! You will only be able to get them on my blog.


I FINALLY made whisper phones this week. It was really easy. Why did I wait so long?

Shopping List
1. PVC pipe 3/4 inch width
2. PVC elbows 3/4 inch width
3.Decorative tape



I made asked my husband to cut the long pipe into 3 /12 inch long pieces. Then, you can stick the elbows on.Finally, you wrap the tape. I have asecret about the tape. It isn't washi or duck tape. It is decorative packaging tape. Best part, it is CHEAPER then duck tape or washi tape. In was only $2.50ish and it came with more tape than the $4 duck tape. I bought it at Walmart and they have several different patterns, but this was the only polka dot. I'm hoping to find another polka dot pattern in a different color.



Finally, I made these cute eye pointers that I have seen all over Pinterest.. I found the colored popsicle sticks at the dollar tree. I lined them up in an assembly line. I added a dot of glue and a little eye. It took all of 2 minutes. I LOVE them!

For more crafty ideas, be sure to visit Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.


8 comments:

  1. Great post! Where did you get those magnetic letters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They are from abcstuff.com The d'nealian are more expensive then regular letters. I had some extra fundraiser money last year.

      Delete
  2. I love your whisper phones! The tape makes them look so cute :)

    Stacy (new follower)
    Second Grade Sweetie Pies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the eye pointers...they would be cute as spacemen for writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a great idea to use them as spacers. Multiple uses.

      Delete
  4. Love the whisper phone and eye pointers!! Super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cake pans spray painted white. Do they work like dry erase boards too? If so, what spray paint did you use?

    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete