Monday, July 29, 2013

Getting Crafty - Monday Made It

Today I linked up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made It.
I was so excited to get my crafty on, I made three projects! First, I made wooden READ letters to put on my book shelf.

It was really easy. First, gather your supplies, wooden letters, scrapbook paper, Mod-Podge, and a paint brush. TIP- I could not find the brush I used last time, so I grabbed a cheap brush. BAD IDEA. The bristles kept getting STUCK in the mod Podge!

Flip the paper over and trace the letter backwards. This way you don't see any of the pencil marks. Cut the letter out. Paint the Mod-Podge on the the backside of the paper letter. Don't use too much Mod Podge because it makes it hard to move. Carefully place the paper down on the wooden letter and smooth out all of the bubbles. Then put another coat of Mod-Podge on top of the letter. This will not only give it a shiny gloss, but it will protect the paper from getting scratched off.

 I can't wait to put these in my classroom! I LOVE how they came out. I had some left over chevron paper, so I also decorated these clothespins.

To make these, I cut the paper on my paper cutter so I could keep the chevron design. Otherwise, it was the same.as above. Mod-Podge the back of the paper, carefully place it on the clothespin and smooth it out, then add a top coat of Mod-Podge. I will add tacks and magnets to the back when I get back into my classroom next week.
Finally, I made this Dry Erase To-Do list. I bought a cheap frame, scrapbook paper that looks like notebook paper, and stickers. I used the scrapbook paper because the lines show up better then notebook paper. I cut the paper down to 8x11 to fit in the frame.I added the letters to spell To Do List. The stickers also came with the butterflies, so I added those too. Then I hot glued the ribbon on the back. Super Easy



4 comments:

  1. I love your letters! I've been wanting to do this with the alphabet, but they keep being out of some of the letters! Was planning to hand paint them, but I like your idea much better. Thanks for sharing.

    ~Traci
    The Bender Bunch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I have painted some before but I think these look much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I am in l-o-v-e with your chevron clothespins! I was JUST about to go into school and make glitter clothespins or something of the sort and stumbled across this idea. LOVE it! I might just have to steal your idea and make some! So cute!

    Elyse
    Happily Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I've done glitter and this is easier!

    ReplyDelete